So I have my first Half marathon in 10 weeks. It's time to get my butt training. On one hand I am super stoked to do this, I love events you have to get ready for. I did a sprint Triathalon in lake powell once and LOVED every minute of it...(except for the swimming...which is another story in its self).
So I am excited...and also dreading it. I am nervous. I am not really a runner. I keep doing it hoping I get addicted to it...no luck so far!
I am doing the Ogden one down the canyon, which I've heard is gorgeous and downhill.
So officially I am stating my goal so that I can have motivation to train hard enough to do it. I want to run the whole thing (no walking...uh we'll see how that goes) and I want to do it in about 2 hours ish.
The sucky thing about this kind of event is the training. If you train enough the day of is going to be awesome with all the adrenaline and hub bub. It's the 9, 10, 11, 12 miles you run on the saturdays before the race by yourself that's going to be the kicker.
Well...I am off to go train. Wish me luck!
No comments:
Post a Comment